For those of you looking for assistive technology for music, the Banana Keyboard and the SoundHouse special access kit might be the answer to you needs. According to the website, the kit is designed to support skill development in the following areas:
- Switch use
- Switch timing
- Choosing with a switch
(Pictures from the Spectronics website.)
- Sixteen keys, curved for easy access, fits well on a wheelchair or desktop.
- Connect up to eight switches to the keyboard.
- Play back words and speech, along with music.
- Software handles MIDI and WAVE sound files.
- Works with the Super Duper Music Looper software that allows children to use a paintbrush, an erase tool, and a mouse to create music.
Thanks, Gavin McLean, for the link!