Monday, September 07, 2009

Thomas G. West's Blog: In the Mind's Eye, Dyslexic Renaissance

Who is Thomas G. West?   He is the author of In the Mind's Eye: Visual Thinkers, Gifted People With Dyslexia and Other Learning Difficulties, Computer Images and the Ironies of Creativity and also Thinking Like Einstein: Returning To Our Visual Roots With The Emerging Revolution In Computer Information Visualization 

I don't know how I missed Thomas G. West's blog, as his books and writings have influenced the last ten years or so of my life.  They inspired me to study technology, take a deep look at visual thinking, and follow my instincts to take a visual/multimedia approach to the way I communicate through my blogs.  (For examples of this method of communication, take a look at my Interactive Multimedia Technology blog.)

Here is a link to his blog, which he started in March, 2009:

In the Mind's Eye, Dyslexic Renaissance 

"Visual thinking, visual thinkers, visual technologies, visual giftedness, dyslexia, learning difficulties, brain diversity, creativity, scientific discovery, scientific visualization, computer graphics, entrepreneurial business, art and design, history of science, visual aspects of cultural and economic history"

A new edition of In the Mind's Eye will be published later this year, perhaps this month. I look forward to seeing what West has to say.  If you read some of Thomas West's blog post, you'll get an idea of what he explores in his books.  (Warning;  no pictures, just words.)

No comments: