Thursday, May 31, 2007

Microsoft Surface Computing multi touch screen table

Take a look at this demo of Microsoft Research's Surface Computing on a multi-touch table:



I would like to work on applications for use on a touch-table to support students with special needs, especially those who have autism spectrum disorders. Last semester, I worked on prototype applications for use on a touch-screen surface.

I'm planning on posting a "how to" video and related materials for the photo-globe prototype using Google Earth on TeacherTube in a week or so, after the end of the school year- check back here for the link! I've posted a short video clip about the photo-globe on the interactive multimedia technology blog, if you want to take a look!

I wonder if Apple will come out with a similar system...

If you want to see a parody of the Microsoft Surface video, take a look at this
YouTube clip.

No comments: